This Conditions of Entry is valid from March 2022 until further notice.
Conditions of entry
- There is no upper or lower age limit. CMF supports musicians early in their professional careers.
- Applicants must have finished full-time tertiary education by 1st September 2022. Applicants currently undertaking, or intending to begin, part-time education are still welcome to apply.
- Applicants must be resident in the UK for the full two-year period, from 1st September 2022 to 31st August 2024, as a minimum.
- Applicants must hold the correct visa to work in the UK for the full two-year period. This must be a full working visa and not a student visa (including Tier 4) attached to any institution or place of study.
- All applicants must be able to attend the live auditions in central London on w/c 12th September 2022.
- If you have already benefited from CMF as a soloist, or as a member of an ensemble, you cannot apply.
- If you who have applied on a previous occasion, but been unsuccessful, you are very welcome to apply again.
- Applicants must not have a commercial management/booking agent at the time of applying.
- Applications must be completed online by Friday 22nd April, 17:00.
Instruments, ensembles, and genres
CMF will accept applications from the following:
- Solo Applications, including but not limited to:
- Keyboard: Piano (including collaborative), Harpsichord, Organ, Accordion
- Strings: Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, Guitar, Harp
- Woodwind: Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, Saxophone, Recorders
- Brass: trumpet, french horn, trombone and allied instruments
- Singing: all voices
- Non-western instruments will be considered
Ensembles of up to five members, including but not limited to:
- String Ensemble
- Wind Ensemble
- Brass Ensemble
- Mixed Ensemble
- Vocal Ensemble
If you have any queries, particularly if you unsure about whether to apply as a soloist or as part of your ensemble (especially within the jazz genre), please do get in touch via email@example.com
or +44 (0)20 7600 7600